Young Leaders Group
ULI encourages new professionals to become involved early in their career so they can begin building key relationships with industry leaders. To make this an easy first step, ULI offers this special membership category for people under 35. Young Leaders Group (YLG) members enjoy invitations to YLG-only events in addition to receiving all the local and national benefits of a ULI membership.
• Events and Networking Opportunities through our annual programs;
• Invitations to events for YLG Members only;
• Access to ULI’s 30,000 member Membership Directory;
• Subscription to Urban Land Magazine and access to UrbanLand Online;
• Discounts on ULI’s annual conferences including the Spring and Fall Meetings;
• Savings of up to 60% at the ULI Bookstore;
• Continuing Education via ULI’s Real Estate School;
• Exclusive access to ULI’s SelectLeaders Real Estate Job Network; and
• Research Assistance at your fingertips.
The Young Leaders Group is in the process of developing a number of content-rich programs for YLG members, so that young professionals can discuss the latest trends in land use, learn from industry icons, examine real deals, and develop their skillset – all while strengthening their relationships with their peers and finding new opportunities.
ULI Louisiana Cultivates Student Involvement With University Partnerships
ULI provides its student members with:
- Events and Networking Opportunities through our annual programs;
- Opportunity to plan and lead real estate events for our District Council
- Invitations to events for YLG Members only;
- Eligibility to participate in the YLG Mentor Program;
- Eligibility to apply for one of two Student Fellowships (one from each University). These two students are invited to attend Advisory Board Meetings.
- Career Development via Website – ULI will build into our new site a resume bank for resume sharing between ULI members and students.
- Subscription to Urban Land Magazine and access to UrbanLand Online;
- Discounts on ULI’s annual conferences including the Spring and Fall Meetings;
- Savings of up to 60% at the ULI Bookstore;
- Continuing Education via ULI’s Real Estate School;
- Research Assistance at your fingertips.
Students are encouraged to:
- Actively participate in the Young Leader Committee (average of 15 hours per semester)
- Assist in the planning of the Annual What’s REALly Going On? Conference
- Join other ULI Louisiana committees to further expand your network (Sponsorship, Membership, Marketing)
- Participate in ULI Louisiana’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and ULI Blog)