Eligibility and Cost
Up to 20 Scholars may be enrolled in the curriculum program. Potential scholars should:
- Be minority individuals —female and/or non-white — who want to begin or accelerate a career in real estate development.
- Have 1-2 years experience in development or a related field (such as architecture, urban planning, brokerage, construction, etc.) in order to contribute to the team project.
- This class is not taught at a 101 level so one to two years of full-time work in the real estate industry is preferred.
- Exceptions will be considered for applicants who demonstrate a high level of motivation, significant community involvement, and a higher level of real estate knowledge and experience through their personal statement and recommendation letter.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Registration is $250 payable upon acceptance to the program.
- Applications will be accepted now through
January 8, 2021,now extended to January 15, 2021
- Accepted applications will be notified mid-January 2021
- Upon acceptance, applicants must pay $250 course fee. If you have financial need, please let us know in your application. Thanks to Trahan Architects, and Tulane University School of Architecture, a number of student scholarships are available.
- Classes take place Mondays, February 1 – May 24, 2021, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Please note, we anticipate most, if not all class sessions will take place via Zoom. One session may include an in-person tour of a site, but will be contingent on state-wide regulations, masks and social distancing will be required.
Questions? Contact Nicole DePietro (email@example.com)